No matter what your symptoms are, be they those of allergy, Candida yeast infection, asthma or any one or more of the conditions mentioned in this book, the commencement of any treatment is always the Metabolism-Balancing Program.
For an anti-candida or anti-allergy treatment program I recommend six to eight weeks on the Metabolism-Balancing Program first, for the following reasons:
• It removes all nutrient deficiencies. This is especially important for women who’ve had children, miscarriages and/or terminations of pregnancy. Significant mineral loss is incurred by the body during terminations and from the placenta at childbirth. Breastfeeding further drains the body of minerals. Many women who had mild allergies prior to miscarriage, termination or childbirth find they have full-blown allergies afterwards—this is due to mineral loss. Most of these women experience a significant reduction in allergy symptoms as the Metabolism-Balancing Program builds up their mineral and energy levels.
• It raises physical and mental energy, thus buoying the spirits and significantly alleviating depression. This enables one to cope with stress more effectively.
• It raises the resistance to allergies and Candida yeast infections by boosting the vitality of the white blood cells, that is, the immune system. When immunity is up, sensitivities are down.
• It reduces the time it takes to overcome allergies and contain yeast infections by balancing the metabolism and boosting immunity as much as is possible while allergies and yeast infections exist.
• It improves the chances of total desensitisation to allergic foods after ninety clays’ avoidance of them.
• It reduces the number of things you are allergic to before you take the allergy tests. This is important as the less you’re allergic to, the less restrictive and more nutritious and interesting your program will be. This of course makes it easier to stick to.
• In some cases of mild allergy, especially with kids, symptoms disappear completely on the Metabolism-Balancing Program.
• It ensures an adequate supply of nutrients to tissues that have been damaged by allergic inflammation. This enables a more rapid healing of the tissue when the allergens have been removed. Such quick results keep up enthusiasm for the program. Eczema, acne and psoriasis arc examples of damaged skin tissue that, heal quickly if the Metabolism-Balancing Program is first employed. Diverticulitis and Crohn’s disease arc examples of damaged intestinal tissues. Arthritis has damaged joint (issue, asthma has damaged lung and bronchial tissue and fluid retention has damaged the blood capillaries. All of these heal more rapidly if the Metabolism-Balancing Program is first employed. By balancing the metabolism of the body and brain, the program makes it easier to think more positively and to adopt self-enhancing attitudes.
After six to eight weeks on the Metabolism-Balancing Program you can begin the process of gradual withdrawal from cortisone and antihistamines. This is done only with your doctor’s permission. During (his time make sure you stay on Ventolin and any other non-cortisone/non-antihistamine drug your doctor has prescribed for asthma. If you arc taking drug medications for any other condition don’t withdraw them unless your doctor OKs if.
During this time make sure you have a dust mite cover (available from your chemist) on your mattress, doona (comforter) and pillow if you suffer from asthma or any skin complaint, hayfever, sinusitis, stuffy nose, post-nasal drip, glue ear or bloodshot eyes. If it is your children (and not you) who arc suffering from these complaints make sure you have a dust mite cover on your mattress, pillow and doona if they like to get into your bed. If suffering from asthma, colds, ‘flu, sore throat or glandular fever. Remember the deep breathing exercises. They’re part of the Metabolism-Balancing Program and are important for lowering the levels of histamine in the blood, which in turn reduces the intensity of your allergy.
Pace yourself. In fact do less than before. Certainly don’t raise your work, exercise, social or commitment load as you feel your energy levels rise. Many people make this mistake and become tired again. If your energy doesn’t rise your immunity won’t rise, and if your immunity doesn’t rise you won’t get a good result on the Anti-Candida/Anti-Allergy Program. All things being equal your energy levels should be up after six to eight weeks on the Metabolism-Balancing Program. Don’t go onto the Anti-Candida Program until they are. If you’re getting plenty of sleep, not. overdoing it and the doctor has cleared you of viral infection, diabetes, iron deficiency and thyroid/adrenal gland underactivity, and you’re still tired, then allergy is the most likely cause. You can now proceed to step 2. If any of these factors are in evidence they must be corrected before moving on. Worm yourself and the rest of the family during the final week of the Metabolism-Balancing Program (Combantrin—over the counter from the chemist—is a good anti worm medication). This is particularly important for hyperactive, slow learning kids and those suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. If your allergy symptoms are significantly diminishing on the Metabolism-Balancing Diet, stay on it until this improvement has plateaued, even if it requires more than eight, weeks. Chances are you could throw your allergies on this program alone.